Tankless Water Heaters in Redwood City
A tankless water heater, often called an on-demand water heater, operates by heating water directly as it flows through the device, eliminating the need for a storage tank. This technology brings several advantages over traditional water heaters, including energy efficiency, space-saving design, and the luxury of continuous hot water.
At Pro Roto Plumbing, we offer comprehensive services for tankless water heaters in Redwood City, including installation, maintenance, replacement, and repair.
Choosing Pro Roto Plumbing for your tankless water heater needs means choosing a company with a proven track record. Our team is known for its reliability - we’re there when you need us, providing swift and effective solutions. Our extensive experience has helped us develop a deep understanding of these systems, allowing us to handle a wide range of issues.
Call (650) 844-1194 today to get started.
Can My Home Support a Tankless Water Heater?
Before installing a tankless water heater, it’s essential to ensure your home meets specific prerequisites.
Here are some key considerations:
- Electrical System: If you’re considering an electric tankless water heater, your home’s electrical system needs to be capable of handling the substantial load the unit requires. This may involve upgrading your electrical panel.
- Gas Line: Assess whether your existing gas line can provide the necessary flow rate for gas-powered units. In some cases, you may need to upgrade your gas meter or gas line to accommodate the higher demand.
- Ventilation: Gas tankless water heaters generate exhaust gases that must be vented outside your home. Ensure your house can support installing a venting system if one doesn’t already exist.
- Water Hardness: If your water supply is particularly hard, it can cause scaling in the heater’s heat exchanger over time. You may need to install a water softener to protect your unit.
- Space: Although tankless water heaters are compact, they still require sufficient clearance for installation and servicing. Ensure you have an appropriate location for the unit within your home.
Every home is unique and may have different requirements. Before making a decision, it’s advisable to consult with a plumbing expert at Pro Roto Plumbing to determine the best option for your specific situation.
Non-Condensing Vs. Condensing Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are broadly categorized into two types: non-condensing and condensing. Both these types have their own unique features, advantages, and limitations.
Non-Condensing Tankless Water Heaters
A non-condensing tankless water heater pushes water through a heat exchanger, which is instantly heated through either gas or electricity. The combustion gases produced are vented outside through a metal vent pipe. These units can offer an impressive energy efficiency rating of up to 85%. However, the exhaust gases can be very hot, necessitating the use of a stainless steel venting system to withstand the high temperature, which can increase the installation cost.
Condensing Tankless Water Heaters
On the other hand, a condensing tankless water heater functions by reusing the heat from the exhaust gases to heat the incoming water. This process cools the exhaust to a point where it can be vented outside through a simple PVC pipe, making installation less costly. Moreover, these units deliver superior energy efficiency—up to 98%—compared to their non-condensing counterparts. One potential downside is that the condensation process can produce mildly acidic water, which may require a neutralizer to prevent corrosion.
Choosing Between Non-Condensing and Condensing
While both types promise increased energy efficiency compared to traditional tank-based systems, your choice between a non-condensing and a condensing unit will depend on your specific needs and circumstances.
If initial cost is a significant factor, a non-condensing unit may be the better choice due to its lower upfront cost. However, if you’re focused on long-term savings and environmental impact, a condensing unit—with its higher energy efficiency and lower venting costs—may prove more beneficial in the long run.
Our team can walk you through the pros and cons of each type of system and help you choose a system based on your needs, ensuring that you get a perfect system for your home.
"Very highly recommend Pro Roto. Juan is a professional, courteous, and fast response. Very reliable business."- Steve S.
"Easy to schedule, honest, provided estimated cost up front, on time, and helpful in troubleshooting. Very professional and a pleasure to work with."- Julia S.
"I'm so pleased to have discovered Pro Roto and Oscar and his Crew. They did a fantastic job clearing roots from my sewage pipes. They were on time, tidy and professional. I hope I don't need them again but if I have plumbing issues in the future, I won't"- Robert S.
I highly recommend this company. We now have the water pressure we'd been only dreaming about thanks to Pro Roto.- Deb K.
They arrived promptly and were able to instantly identify the problem and the best solution. Highly recommend ProRoto and Oscar.- Edward F.
Pro-Roto has always been fair and honest, the work is quickly fixed and amazing.- Todd G.
Moving forward Pro Roto is my go-to for my plumbing needs! I can’t recommend their services enough after my brief encounter and it’s reassuring that they’re available 24 hours a day!- Kevin T.
Isaac was quick to respond to my emails and careful to get the correct details of my situation to create an estimate that was fair to me.- Edward H.
Our Tankless Water Heater Services
At Pro Roto Plumbing, we’re more than just a service provider—we’re your trusted partner for all your tankless water heater needs.
Our comprehensive range of services includes:
- Installation: Our technicians will guide you through the selection process, helping you choose a tankless water heater that best fits your home’s requirements. We ensure a flawless installation process, with meticulous attention to every detail, from positioning the unit for optimal performance to expertly handling all electrical and gas connections.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is vital to keep your tankless water heater operating at peak efficiency. Our maintenance services include routine inspections, cleaning, descaling, and system optimization to prolong the lifespan of your unit and ensure consistent performance.
- Repairs: Our skilled team is ready to provide swift and effective repair services if your tankless water heater encounters any issues. We can handle many problems, from minor adjustments to major part replacements.
- Upgrades: If you want to upgrade your current system to a more efficient tankless model, we can help. We’ll assess your current setup, provide a thorough cost-benefit analysis, and execute a seamless transition to your new unit.